Saturday, September 02, 2006

breakin' it down Tennessee style ....










As of 5:30pm(EST) tomorrow it will officially be FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE !!! We are playing the California Golden Bears and I am excited to see how the Vols have shaped up since last year . From all the reports we have been getting on tv and on the radio things are looking pretty good for us this year . Anyways , watching the game makes me happy and you can't even think about the Vols without one little thing that will have every single Volunteer fan screaming and cheering . That one little thing is called Rocky Top ! Sit back and enjoy because we are going to break it down Tennessee style for ya ! GO VOLS !!!!

**********************************************************************

ROCKY TOP

Wish that I was on ole' Rocky Top
Down in the Tennessee hills
Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top
Ain't no telephone bills

Once I had a girl on Rocky Top
Half bear the other half cat
Wild as a mink but sweet as a soda pop
I still dream about that

Rocky Top you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ole' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee

Once two strangers climbed ole' Rocky Top
Lookin' for a moonshine still
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top
Wrecken they never will

Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirts too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar

Rocky Top you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ole' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee

I've had years of cramped up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
All I know is it's a pity life
Can't be simple again

Rocky Top you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ole' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee
Rocky Top Tennessee
Rocky Top Tennessee !!

*********************************************************************
Good luck to all who have games this weekend ! Have fun watching the games !

GO TENNESSEE VOLS!!!!
###############################################
*******UPDATE*******
wOOt! The Vols won ! The final score was
Volunteers 35
Golden Bears 18
I hope this is the start of a great year because todays game got my orange blood moving a wee bit faster through my veins ! Y'all have a good one !
Happy Labor Day !

4 comments:

Breazy said...

I have to agree with you Frank. It is a song that makes my little heart sing and orange blood run a wee bit faster and what is going to be even better is when I can play it on my banjo! Have a good evening !

CozyMama said...

ok, I have to do this.....GO IRISH!!!!!! Notre Dame All the WAY!!!

love ya breazy!!

lime said...

LOL, you don't happen to like football or anything do ya?

Breazy said...

Jodes.. Honey you cheer your team if you want ! LOL! I happen to like Notre Dame myself but the Volunteers will always be #1 to me .

Lime.. Nah...lol! I am not big on the pro football but I do like me some college football!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...