I was sitting in the living room watching tv with my son this morning when my oldest daughter comes out of her room screaming frantically to turn the tv to Fox News . I didn't know what was going on and my first thought was another attack on our nation however , when I turned to the channel I heard some really sad news . Steve Irwin " The Crocodile Hunter" was killed this morning when a stingrays barb went through his chest while filming for a childrens show that he had started for his daughter Bindi . They were snorkeling at Batt Reef, which is part of the Great Barrier Reef , about 9 miles from Port Douglas when Steve swam over the stingray that was hidden in the sand . As soon as Steve swam over the stingray it threw it's tail up and caught him in the chest . They say that most stingray attacks aren't fatal but this is one of those freak incidents . Steve leaves behind his wife , Terri, 8 yr old daughter Bindi and 2 1/2 yr old son Robert .
I don't know about any of you but my family and I loved watching The Croc Hunter . About five years ago Steve actually taped a show on Rich Mountain which is in The Great Smoky Mountains . He was looking for rattlesnakes and let me tell ya , he sure found some . That show was done because a lot of people say that there are no rattle snakes in this part of Tennessee but I guess Steve showed them eh? Anyways, RIP Crocodile Hunter !
Happy Labor Day !
Monday, September 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
4 comments:
such a loss. i just feel so bad for his wife and children.
I just loved the crocodile hunter. This is very sad news. Bless his family.
we were sad too, i always watched him whenever i came across his shows.
Crikey, that was sad news...
Post a Comment