Thursday, January 03, 2008

a brand new year....

Can you believe that 2008 is here already ? I can't because I am still wondering where 2007 went and why did it go there in such a hurry ? Did I miss something?

All last year I kept saying that I was going to slow down and enjoy the life that is passing right by me and it seemed like every time I said that something came up and life just got busier then in August I got a job which turned out to be full time and that meant hardly any blogging at all. I feel so out of touch with everyone right now, not just all of you but with my family and friends that I have on MySpace as well. I use to be pretty faithful about posting and reading everyone elses posts but in the past few months something happened and I have just lost touch with everything and everyone around me. I was hoping to get back to my old routine of checking in every day or at least every other day while I was recovering from surgery but recovery has turned out to be somewhat of a problem for me and I find myself steering away from the computer most times because it is too uncomfortable to sit long enough to do more than a quickie post. When I do get on and try to go through my blog roll reading posts and commenting I have to break it up into different increments so that I can get all the way through.

More or less what I am trying to say is that I miss y'all like crazy. None of you know how many times you have gave me great advice or made me smile on a day when a frown was all that would touch my face. Since I started blogging almost three years ago I have made some wonderful friends and I look so forward to checking my comment box just to see what everyone commented about. I have tried for the past two years to send out Christmas cards to several of you , this year I had the cards ready but I just never made it to the post office to mail them, isn't that sad? I don't know why I didn't get them to the post office but I didn't, maybe it was just the procrastinating thing kicking in again and time ran out on me..who knows? The thing that bothers me is that it was all of my Christmas cards, not just the ones to my online friends, I am very ashamed of myself for this because I don't want people thinking that I wasn't thinking of them during this past holiday season.

I went back to work yesterday. I will only be working three days a week now and I am very excited about that because I was just about to get burnt out before my surgery. Yesterday went well and as always it flew by. I am excited about getting back into a normal routine.

I had begun to think that I had left Christmas behind to move on and with that I had brought along a bad attitude to start the new year off with but the more I think about it I am sure that is completely opposite of what I am doing. I think I am finally digging my feet in so that I can follow up on all of the "I am going to slow down" and all of that. Basically what I am saying is the world isn't going to quit turning if my family and I aren't busy every second of each day so we are getting ready to let a few activities go. Life is still going to be busy because that is how life is with three children but I am ready to really enjoy it.

I got a new set of cookware for Christmas that I have been wanting for a couple of years and I plan on getting busy with it and doing some serious cooking. In 2007 we ate more meals out than we ate at home. That might sound good to some of you but I like to eat food that I prepare at home however during the past year time just didn't allow for much cooking and I am not one to do the frozen dinner thing a lot so we ate out.

I am not going to set any resolutions or goals for the year because to me resolutions and goals get broken just as quickly as they are made. So I am going to take it day by day and if something comes up that I don't want to take the time out to do I am just going to say so, no one will die from it and if it makes any one mad then I hate it for them. The past six weeks has really opened my eyes to just how busy we were before my surgery and I don't want to be that way again so I am digging in and not going down that path any longer, instead I am going to find a new path to go down.

I know this post seems like I am rambling and going in all different directions and I apologize for that. I really do have something to say but I am not sure yet what that is. Do you ever do that ? You know that something is coming but it takes a while to get out of your mouth or in this case your fingers? Am I even making sense ? Maybe I need to go sleep on it , you know how sometimes you just have to work things out in your head...that could be what is going on..either way it will come to me eventually. Until then y'all take care !

8 comments:

chosha said...

Happy New Year, Breazy! Wonderful news on the 3 days a week of work - that sounds like just what you wanted before when work was overwhelming everything else.

lime said...

well, let's see. in the past year you built a house, got a job and had major surgery. i think you can reasonably be excused for loosing touch with the blog world. happy new year:)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Breazy Baby! I'm glad to hear your recovering from surgery and you seem to be sounding well.

I missed ya Bella!

I hope 2008 does wonderful things for you. Take time for yourself and remember life only flies by if you let it.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Eager to hear what happened with the Job, Bella!

XoXoX

Hope everything is Ok.

Shari said...

Breazy, good to hear that you are working 3 days a week. Or did you say you aren't working at the hospital? Well, your post is four days old.

I think I know what you are trying to say. Don't worry about how behind you were/are. You've had a lot on your plate with your job and family, with running around to do with the kids, too. No wonder there were a lot of take-out foods. :)

Take care and take it easy. God bless.

Bsoholic said...

Late getting around too. LOL We're funny like that! :P

Happy New Year to you and yours. I am working 2 jobs now myself so free time is few and far between.

Take care B! (((hugs)))

James Goodman said...

Glad to hear you finally getting to slow down, Breazy. :D We've missed you, but I for one, totally understand...sometimes there's just not enough minutes in the day. :D

Mad Housewife said...

Happy New Year!!

New cookware?? I'm soooooo jealous!!

Take care!!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...