Wednesday, December 19, 2007

a good report and a one year mark...

It has been a while since I posted last time so I thought I would get on while I have the time.

First off I went to the doctor last Tuesday for my pre-op check up and that went pretty well. The doc said that I am healing well but not as quickly as I should be, which we kind of knew this was going to happen because something with my body chemical and sutures just don't mix that well so it takes sutures about three times longer to dissolve in my body than what it would take in a normal person but like I said we knew this before hand so it was expected. As far as the hormone replacement goes I am doing okay with those as well, just having a few hotflashes and I am always either too hot or I am freezing to death but my doc said that was a normal thing, she told me that if I thought we needed to go up on the mg we could however I chose to stay where I am with them and let time do its thing, I just thank God that I am not having the emotional roller coaster that a lot of women experience with hormone replacements. I am going to try to go back to work on December 26. I don't know how well that is going to go since I am still uncomfortable sitting but I am ready to try it. The doc just told me I need to take it a bit easier than I have been and maybe that will help.

Yesterday, the 18th, marked the one year since our contractor broke ground on our house. I told my husband it sure didn't seem like it had been a year and it doesn't feel like we have been living here for eight months either.

I have to go in few minutes and attend my sons Christmas party at school. Today is there last day until January 2 or 3 so they are all very excited about that.

We had our Christmas play last Sunday at church and I have to say that I walked out of there very proud of my family. They were all in the play, my oldest daughter had the biggest part (most lines) and she memorized every single one of them, she played a store owner, Holly Berry, who is a non-believer that put out a nativity scene in hopes of gaining more business however she misplaces the baby Jesus and doesn't think it is a big deal until every body mentions it and complains or voices their opinion on the matter. My husband played a street person that is actually an angel sent from God to try and open Ms. Berry's eyes by giving her a message. My twelve year old daughter played two characters, one being a customer with a group of teenage girls and the other being a thief that breaks into Ms. Berry's shop and gets caught. My son played a student that came in with his class and then another part where he is called a bathrobe child. At the end of the of the play Ms. Berry sees the light and seeks salvation. It really turned out well and this has been the biggest production that our church has ever performed before, I am really proud of everyone that was in it.

I do apologize for not being around much lately but I have been taking it easy , doctors orders, and I just haven't been in here in the office that much. I have been reading like a fool though.

Well I need to sign off, it is almost party time in my sons class.

Y'all have a beautiful day, stay warm and God Bless You!

15 comments:

SoCal Sal said...

First ... Ha Ha

Glad to hear things are going as you thought. Bottom line, you’re getting better. And YES, take it Easy Breazy. LOL … Nice to hear the play went well. Nothing wrong with being a proud Mom. Nice to hear from you. Take care Sweetie. XO

lime said...

sorry the recovery is going so slow, but definitely take it easy lady, let your body heal at it's pace. glad to hear the play went so well, sounds like it was quite a production.:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to read you're healing, even if it's slowly.

Sounds like a wonderful play.

Happy Christmas!

Dan said...

Here's to a continuing recovery Breazy! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Shari said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Breazy. Hope you are feeling better day by day. Sorry to hear that your body heals at a slower rate, but it's better than not at all. Take care and take it easy. :)

chosha said...

I can't believe it's been a year since the groundbreaking! Huge year for you and your family, too.

I hope you have a great Christmas. It's not an easy time to take it slow, but it'll make for a happier new year. I hope Santa brings you as speedy a recovery as he can fit in his sack. :) Merry Christmas.

Politically Homeless said...

Time does fly, doesn't it?

Merry Christmas!

BKS said...

Lil late stopping by (work work work) but good to hear the updates and I would like to wish you a prosperous and happy new year!!

Cooper said...

Hi -
I noticed we have some blog-friends in common (Ms. Lime and Jillie(NurseRatched)) so I thought I'd say hi. Sorry your recovery is taking so long but listen to yer Dr and take it slow. Enjoyed reading your entries!

Politically Homeless said...

Happy New Year Breazy girl!

Logophile said...

Happy New Year, Breazy!
Hope the recovery is continuing to go well and the return to work as well.
Have a great year, sweetie!

G-Man said...

Happy New Year Breazy...
Galen xox

SoCal Sal said...

HNY dear!

Kelly said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday and that you are all well and healed.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you to see how you're doing? Hopefully your recouped and ready to roll!

xo

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...