Monday, January 28, 2008

a beautiful day

It is such a beautiful morning out there today. Yes it is a bit on the cool side but the sun is absolutely beautiful. I was sitting on the couch a few minutes ago watching the weather report and the sun was shining through the curtains, lighting up the house. In the past few days we haven't had that much sun because it has been overcast, we've had snow flurries, sleet, rain and just cloudy days so I am really happy to see the sun so bright this morning. I don't know about anyone else but I am ready for spring, I would like to have a really good snow first but I need to pop into the real world because I live in the East Tennessee Valley and in previous years nothing but rain or sleet gets into this valley.

I actually have a semi-busy day ahead of me today, first I have errands to run for Mr. B, then I have some errands of my own, then I am going to stop by the car wash and clean the inside of my mini-van out because it is in desperate need right now and it is bugging me like you wouldn't believe, then I think I am going to stop and pick some take-out lunch up for myself to bring home and enjoy before I start the rest of my laundry and vacuuming.

At some point today I have to call the kids pediatrician and set up their yearly well check ups, I also have to call an make an orthodontist appointment for Bethany, my 12 yr old, a call will also be placed to the Department of Transportation to set up an appointment for Chesney, my 15 yr old, so that she can get her drivers license in March (***shivers***). When all of that is done I need to make an appointment with my eye doctor because I am having some problems with my eye sight and my contacts and glasses aren't helping. I am not supposed to go back to the eye doctor until the end of March but they are going to have to go ahead and see me. I really worry about my eye sight because it is getting worse at a faster speed than I think it should be. I am seriously thinking about Lasik surgery on my eyes and I want to talk to my eye doctor about it. Either way I need a new prescription because I am getting to the point of not being able to see things that well unless I am right on top of them , that is with my contacts in or my glasses on and it hasn't been a year yet since I have had the current prescription for my eyes.

I am really glad that I am working at home once again. I am on my own time clock and that is so much better. If I get tired of being home then I get a few things together that need to be done around town and go do them. One project that I am getting ready to embark upon is re-painting the kitchen. I know the house is new and I love the color of my kitchen but I have a 10 yr old son that has to touch the walls everywhere he goes around here so I have dirty hand prints on certain parts of the walls in the kitchen and it is driving me nuts. I think I am going to stick with the same color and just put a fresh coat on it. My son is a freak about washing his hands after playing outside, before and after eating, after using the bathroom and sometimes he just goes and washes his hands but if they are dirty he can't help himself, he has to touch the walls. When he opens the fridge he has one hand on the handle and the other on the wall behind him, when throws something in the trash he has one hand on the trash can the other on the wall beside him, when he is entering or exiting the house he has to put one hand on the wall right beside the back door and this isn't counting how he walks down the hallway with both hands stuck out on each wall making it look like he needs balance or something, however , the hallway isn't as bad because normally he has already washed his hands before heading in that direction.

Mr. B is as happy as a little lark now, I finally bought a wok Friday. He has been wanting me to get one for years and I for some reason just never have bought one. Friday I bought one and yesterday I made him chicken and shrimp stir-fry for lunch after church, he loved it and so did the kids, the best part was how simple and quick it was. I am at that point in life where everything you eat is kind of getting old. I have been a Food Network fanatic for years but haven't ever really had the time to play with the recipes featured on there until now. Now that I have my new cookware the kids bought me for Christmas and I no longer work I have been cooking up a storm and trying all kinds of new things plus I have all kinds of recipe books. I have an entire set of Better Homes recipe books that range from yummy sandwiches to weird and exotic foods, those books have everything in them and each book is based on one theme like Chinese , Mexican and so on, pretty much you name it and I have it in one of my cookbooks. I also have four or five cookbooks for kids since Ty and Bethany like to cook, they are filled with easy recipes that kids can do without a lot of help from an adult.

Well, the day is wasting so I need to go. Y'all have a beautiful day, be careful and God Bless!

7 comments:

Melodie Norman Haas said...

Hey :)

We had sunshine this morning and I just sat on my bed in the sunlight for awhile (long enough to make me late) but I enjoyed it immensely!

Also I had Lasik about two years ago and I would not trade it for the world! I got glasses in 4th grade and wore those or contacts until my last year of college and I have absolutely loved Lasik! I was terrified to death to have it but now that I have done it I highly recommend it!

Anonymous said...

Sunshine! Ya! I am having a cloudy day here.. Ok by me though :)

I love love love LOVE my Wok! Mm Mmm Kung Pao chicken is my Mr B's Favorite. Mm Mm !

SoCal Sal said...

Have fun painting. Jeez! … I love wok cooking. Stir fry …YUMMY!!!

Take care sweetie. XO

Breazy said...

Ameratis...I have heard great things about the Lasiks so I think I am going to talk to my doctor about it. Something has got give either way.

Blither...hey girl! I normally like cloudy days as well but we have been having them about a week so some sunshine is great right now.

Sal...yes indeed!

lime said...

i'm glad you're feeling much more at peace now. hope you can get the eye sight sorted out. wanna come paint my kitchen too? i can't even decide on a color.

Breazy said...

Lime..I will be more than happy to help you out painting your kitchen. It is so hard to choose the color.

Cooper said...

Share some recipes!!! I love to cook and am always looking for good simple things!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...