This has been a crazy busy week. Not only has Mr. B been helping preach a revival every night but he has been working like a mad man. Every night this week he has had to come straight home from work, jump in the shower,jump out of the shower, get his suit on, grab his Bible, grab his keys and we head out the door. I am not complaining because I am thankful that God is blessing him with plenty of work right now. For the past few months the business was at a comfortable lull giving them plenty of time to get everything done and not having to worry about shifting from job to job each day but since about the second week in May it has been hectic. My husband has been dealing with 4-6 different jobs a week in order to get every job done before we leave for the beach on July 12.
The thing about hardwood flooring is that some of the steps take time to finish.
Let's say you are having raw wood installed, first the wood has to be cut and nailed down, then the wood has to be sanded, buffed,vacuumed,then a coat of polyurethane which needs at least 24 hours to dry. Now if the humidity is high outside, the first coat of finish (poly) may take longer to dry even though you have your air conditioning unit on. Rain factors in on the drying time as well because of the dampness it leaves in the air or if it increases the humidity as some summer rainstorms do. Sometimes when the humidity has remained the same and it hasn't rained the first coat will be tacky when you check it the next day, if it is a bit tacky (tacky is when it is almost completely dry but the top surface has a slight stickiness to it) you can't buff it again because it will not only mess up the first coat but it will also jam up on the buffer screen and let me tell you those screens are not cheap. When the first coat is dry you have to buff, vacuum and then apply a second coat of polyurethane. Once the second is dry you buff, vacuum and apply a third and final coat. That is how Mr. B has 4-6 jobs going at once, when you have those drying times you can be on another job site completing it.
Okay, I don't know why I just gave you all a lesson in hardwood flooring...lol...on with the post.
Last night was the final night of the revival so we do not have to go to church tonight but we are in desperate need of going to the grocery store and also we have to buy a new washer sometime this weekend (I was hoping to go purchase a new one tonight but since it is 6:30 and Mr. B is about an hour away from completing his work day, I am assuming it will be tomorrow morning) because mine has washed it's last load. I have been fluttering around the house cleaning all day and getting things done so that other than going to purchase a new washer we won't have anything that we have to do tomorrow.
For the past three months I am finding that I can't sit still much. I can try to sit on the couch and prop my feet up for a rest and some tv but something comes over me and I am up and moving/cleaning again. I have lost a bit of weight because of the moving around all the time and my legs and feet are paying for it because I am on my feet most of the day unless I sit to check my email or I have to drive, I have caught myself standing to eat meals as well. I don't know what my problem is but I do know one thing, I have one clean house! Being that physically tired does cause problems when I try to go to sleep at night, it is as the saying goes "I'm so tired I can't sleep" and I have trouble sleeping anyway. One would think that after staying so busy each day that I would be ready to fall into bed and sleep at night.
I am so ready for July 12 to arrive so that we can go to the beach and relax for almost two weeks, I don't know why I am rushing it on because once it gets here the time will fly by as always. Each year we are on vacation we sit and talk about how nice and slow the days are going and then before we know it we are saying "our time is up already? but it was going so slowly".
I went to get gas for our four wheeler earlier because my son was wanting to ride and the gas container was empty. When I returned with the gas and filled the four wheelers tank, my son tried to start it and it would do nothing. We checked everything on it and of course my son started flaring his temper a bit so I started walking closer to talk to him about his temper when I noticed something, he had the key turned to the off position, I immediately started laughing which didn't help my son until I told him what the problem was. His temper vanished as quickly as it had arrived and he too laughed then turned the key to on and started the four wheeler. It is very quiet in the house now that he is outside riding.
Well folks, I have gabbed long enough. Y'all have a wonderful weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
8 comments:
Hope you get your washer soon. I would hate to be behind on laundry.
Hey, I didn't mind the hardwood lesson. That was interesting. Three coats? All that buffing in between?
hey if you are needing to keep busy come on up here. i can put you to work. enjoy your beach week though. sounds heavenly.
Why are you called Breazy again?
(((HUG)))
Shari...yep three coats and the buffing is how you get a smooth finish and no splinters in your feet.
Lime...I will come up there anytime girl, I am not prejudice because it doesn't matter if it is my house or someone else's. Thank you, I just wish beach week would come on, the next two weeks will be the longest two weeks.
G-Man...LOL! Makes sense doesn't it? You know, actually when I was first getting online over four years ago everybody thought that I was using Breazy to mimic the easy breezy beautiful cover girl thing in my own style but as you know it is just a shortened version of my last name. HUGS back!
You are called Breazy. No wonder you are fluttering about all the time!
Yes a tired achy body would not let you sleep. I think you should try a massage parlor or a spa for relaxation for a change. It really helps. In India we get a lot of Therapeutic oils which provide relaxation to tense muscles & also mind. I wish I could send you some!
Take care of yourself! & have a nice beach holiday. You deserve it!
Could you pass me some of your energy? :-). I have sooooo much to do and I'm just not finding the 'umph' to get me going yet.. Lucky you to be escaping soon to the beach. Hope y'all have the bestest time!! :-).
Glad your hubs is filled with work, especially with the way things are going right now with the economy.
Have a great day! (hugz)
You can come over here and clean when you are finished the others!
:P
Oh man, our washer died not too long ago, I feel your pain. And the shopping for a new one hurts the wallet!!
Come on beach vacation!! Just a little longer...
Post a Comment