My two youngest offspring have decided to trade bedrooms and why they didn't do this in the first place when we first moved in a little over a year ago is beyond me. Bethany wanted the bedroom that we had intended to give Ty and it didn't take Ty long to jump on board with the idea to take the room at the end of the hall so now here we are over a year later and Bethany came to me one evening and asked if I thought Ty would want to switch bedrooms. I told her that I would talk to him but the next day I got busy in the house and forgot to ask Ty about it, however, later that night Ty asked me if I thought Bethany would trade rooms with him, my question to Ty was "are you sure you want to do that"? he replied that he was sure so I told him that Bethany had already came to me the evening before and ask the same question. Since then we have been preparing to make the switch but other things have taken up my time. Yesterday Bethany and I got online to shop for new bedding and once she had that picked out I took her to the paint store to try and find the color she wants. Ty wants his new walls the same periwinkle blue but he wants a blue tie-dyed comforter, when he showed me this I immediately thought of Lime since she likes tie-dyed things. Needless to say today is the day that some of the painting will begin and they both will be sleeping in new rooms tonight but they will have to wait on all the new bedding and we have to wait on Bethany to be sure that the bedding and paint she picked out is what she wants and what she will be happy with because once it is done there's no changing it.
The high today is supposed to be 82 and the humidity lower than it has been in weeks, all I can say is that it will be a pleasure not to have that thick sticky humidity. There have beens storms all around us but we haven't had rain since last week some time. Almost every evening the sky starts getting huge dark storm clouds rolling through ,thunder and sometimes the lightning will start but we do not get the rain from these storms and we desperately need it. When it does rain here it is torrential downpours that last about 20 minutes then go away then by the next morning you can't see sign that it even rained. We haven't really been labeled drought yet but I know it is coming because we haven't had a chance to catch up from the drought last year. Living here in the valley is sometimes rough because the mountains surrounding us keep the storms out, that is also why we rarely get snow storms during the winter.
That is about all I have at the moment, my mind is turning now to periwinkle blue paint, taking beds apart, moving dressers and then turning around and setting it all back up again. I will make my way around blogland today to read and comment but it will take some time because I will have to do it during breaks from painting and moving. Y'all have a blessed day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
4 comments:
Its a wonder that you have to do the painting of the walls yourselves!
I India we get the workmen to do that job for us, and the labor is very cheap since e have a lot of human resource & people willing to do all kinds of jobs for making a living!
India is the richest in Human Resource :D
Good luck with painting & all. I Just LOVE the smell of paint & distemper. NOW I feel like eating Fuller's Earth...( the Distemper smell reminds me of it) There must be some lying around in my drawer...YUM!
lol, that's funny that they want to switch rooms to the way you originally wanted them to be set up anyway. :D
Happy painting! :D
I hope you're having a great week.
the boy obviously has very good taste ;)
How fun! Enjoy the switch, guys!
Post a Comment