I have a cousin that just started a new discussion blog. I promised him on Thursday or Friday that I would do a post about the new blog Monday to help get some traffic going through there but I have been very busy the last two days and I haven't had time to post. The post that is up is almost a week old but you are free to comment on it. I do not know when a new post will be up because when he is not working he is at the hospital visiting his father-in-law, my uncle, who (I just found this out yesterday) has Ecoli and from my understanding some other problems going on. I haven't been able to get to the hospital yet because Mr. B has been working late and so has Chesney and that leaves me nowhere for Bethany and Ty to stay. I am not sure on the entire illness with my uncle since I haven't been able to get up there and talk to anyone. Anyway...here is his blog, stop by sometime and check it out.
In previous posts I have mentioned organizing the office and what a job it was. I worked for three days sorting through files, getting rid of what we didn't need, condensing what we do need, printing new labels for the file folders, and creating new file folders for some things. My main goal in all of this was to get our old file cabinet out of here and get the files into my desk and my newer file cabinet. I had files stacked around me for three days because I went through every single one of them sorting, throwing out, and placing things in other files where they will be better found. I have handled every single file here too many times over the past three days but I am very familiar with all of them and what section they are in now. Before I had them in alphabetical order in the file cabinet, Mr. B's idea of alphabetical order and mine differs, actually it isn't the alphabetical order as much as it is what he refers to things as and what I refer to them as. Now we don't have to worry about that because I have alphabetical sections now. If it is a copy of an invoice from his business then he just goes to the business section which is labeled nice and clear for him. If it is a spreadsheet concerning the remodel on our fellowship hall at church then he will go to the church section, etc... . I am hoping that this proves easier for him in the times when he is filing something when I am busy or not home because I get tired of digging in other files to find something that should have been in another file, most of the time if I am looking for something I have to stop and think like he does. I have made him a list and told him if he isn't sure then ask me where it goes and if I am not home then leave the paperwork on my desk with a post-it note explaining that he isn't sure where to file it and I will show him when I return. Don't get me wrong, Mr. B is not goofy or any less smart than anyone but some of the paper work that you have to deal with when owning your own business can be a pain sometimes, there are so many tax papers that don't need to just go into a file that says "Taxes". It is easier to separate them now so that when it is tax time next year we can just pull the files out and go. Some of them can be confusing as well if you aren't use to dealing with, some can be confusing whether you are use to dealing with them or not to be honest about it. Mr. B is also the type of person to put all of the paperwork into one stack and separate it at the end of the year because he doesn't have time to sit down and create files for the paperwork, receipts and so on.
We leave for the beach in ten days and I am so excited! On July 11, the day before we leave, we are moving everything off of our hardwood flooring, going to rent a hotel room, then coming home to buff and coat our hardwood. Sometimes when you install raw wood and sand it the wood seems to soak up the finish more so than other floors, this is something that happens from time to time and as it turns out our floor has done this. We wanted a semi-gloss finish on the floors but what we ended up with was more of a satin look and we haven't had time to re-do them in the past year. You can't really tell a difference in pictures because the floor is shown at more of an angle plus the glare from lights and windows are shining on the floor so in pictures it looks real glossy but in reality if you are standing on them you can see the difference.
Tomorrow the kids, my sister, and I are going to a local public pool to meet up with a couple of our cousins and their kids that we never get to see. We are going to spend the day soaking up some rays and swimming with the kids and I am very excited about this because I haven't got to swim much so far and I LOVE swimming, I just love being in/around/near water.
I guess I need to sign off for now, what little bit of laundry I have is calling my name and the carpet is in need of a vacuum. Y'all have a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
6 comments:
I checked out your pal's blog. Thanks for the link! Have a wonderful 4th and good luck with those hardwood floors!
Hey,
Thanks for the support. I would be honored to be on your roll call! :)
Does Mr. B pay you for all that hard work? I hope he does!
Have a nice trip Breazy!
Lately I seem to be pulling out more than actually cleaning up *giggles*. Seems there is always work to be done around the house isn't it?. Have fun at the pool:-).
Interesting blog. It is nice of you to promote it, late or not : )
I loathe filing, but it is SO satisfying when it's done.
Post a Comment