Thursday, March 13, 2008

a thankful celebration...

I feel like I haven't been on here in forever but it has only been since Friday. So far this week has not been the best that I have had. Monday morning my best friend called me and told me that her husband was in the hospital and they didn't think he was going to make it, I am not going to go into particulars here but they need your prayers. She lives two counties northwest of me and even though it is a long drive I felt like I needed to be there with her so I jumped in my van and went to her. My heart is breaking for her, they did get some news today that added a tiny sparkle of hope to the situation but it could still go either way. I wouldn't have cared if she lived 300 miles away from me, I still would have went to her.

Tuesday was a busy, exhausting day. Part of my exhaustion came from lying awake crying, worrying, and praying for my friend and her husband all night then the day was just a blur because I was so busy. I was supposed to be the adult supervising one of my daughters Girl Scout cookie booths and my husband had a meeting at church at the same time so our oldest daughter and son were at my moms. I had just arrived at the cookie booth when I got a phone call from my daughter telling me that Mr. B was on his way home so that he could rush our son to the hospital to get stitches in his face. My son walked into a piece of eve dripping (very thin piece of aluminum that goes on the fascia board before installing guttering) that was hanging out of the back of my dads work truck. It cut him to the bone across the bridge of the nose where forehead and nose meet, put a one and a half inch long gash under his right eye, and scraped the skin off of his left temple. By the time the doctor saw him the gash under his right eye had closed up on its own. Yesterday morning his right eye was getting black (which the doctor told us to expect) and his poor little nose is swollen but the good news is that the bad gash on the upper nose shouldn't scar that badly and if it does scar the doctor said that most people will think it is a natural crease. He is lucky he didn't lose his eye in this accident. My parents felt terrible because it happened over there and I told them not to feel bad because it could have happened anywhere to any one of us.

Now for the thankful celebration....
Today is Mr. B's 36th birthday and I am thankful that I have him and that he is not in a hospital fighting for his life, instead he is here with the kids and me. He never makes a big deal out of his birthday but I think that everybody should celebrate their birthday. I believe that when your birthday rolls around you need to thank God and celebrate another year of life that you have been given. Age has never bothered me because I also believe that you are only as old as you want to be and I do know that sometimes the body gives out on you but in your heart and soul is where I am talking about. I hope that this is just one more in many that I get to spend with Mr. B. I also want to say to Mr. B....thank you for all that you do for me, for being there when I need you, for being a wonderful father to our children, and for being you, I love you!

Y'all have a beautiful day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

9 comments:

lime said...

good heavens. sorry about your friend's husband and ty!

happy birthday to mr. breazy though. hope it's a wonderful day for him.

James Goodman said...

oh my, Breazy... I will keep your BF in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear of your son's injury. I'm just glad it missed his eye!

And Happy Birthday to Mr. B. I hope the weekend goes much better than your week has...

chosha said...

I hope your friend's husband recovers well. It's awful when something like that hits out of the blue, isn't it? Just yesterday one of my work colleagues suddenly had a heart attack (a few actually) and we came into work to the news that he was in intensive care with the outlook not good. This is a guy who looked fit and well. Luckily he had progressed pretty well since then and left IC yesterday, but I think it was a bit of a reality check for everyone, to remember that we don't really know what tomorrow will bring.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your friend.Was this something sudden and unexpected? Not that it's easier when they've been sick for a while either. I will say a prayer for him and his family.

Your parents should not feel bad. It's all apart of being a kid. There will be bumps and bruises. Trust me...look at me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Happy Birthday to your hubby ;o)

XO

Breazy said...

Lime...thank you!

James...thank you! I know that God must have been watching for Ty that day because by all rights that piece of metal should have taken his eye out.

Chosha...it is hard. I hope your colleague is going to be okay. No we never know what tomorrow might bring, our lives could be snuffed out in a second.

Jillie...Yes it was something sudden and unexpected. Thanks for your prayers, I really appreciate them. I told them not to feel bad because had it not happened there it would have happened here another way, kids are kids and stitches are a sure thing in a child's life.

G-Man said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Breazy

G-Man said...

Blogger ate my 1st comment..Grrrrrrrr
G..xox

S said...

Happy Birthday Mr Breazy!

Angela said...

Hope everything is going ok :-).
((hugz))

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...