Thursday, October 25, 2007

a day off...

I had to work on my usual day off, Monday, so today was my day off however I didn't get to spend it like I had wanted to. First thing this morning I went in to wake my son and he complained with a head and belly ache, last night his stomach hurt so I thought maybe he was playing off of that to get a day out of school since he knew I was off but I put my hand on his head so that I could use the "you don't have a fever so get up" line on him and was actually a bit shocked to find that he indeed was running a fever so he stayed home. Mr. B and I were supposed to go out for lunch today as well and that didn't happen. Mr. B had planned on taking the day off but he just signed on a huge commercial contract, 40,000 sq. ft. of hardwood flooring to be exact, this work was not supposed to start until next week but the guy called last night and needed one space done today so Mr. B worked all day long and I didn't get to spend any time with him.

After a dose of Children's Motrin and a few more hours sleep my son was feeling somewhat better and I had to go to Wal-Mart so I loaded him off with me. I got in the middle of Wally World and almost collapsed from sudden pain in my nether regions, I have to say that I can't wait for that stuff to be gone from me. So pretty much most of the day I have spent in pain which worries me a bit because the majority of it is in my lower back and I am hoping that my uterus isn't falling farther back than it already has. I just pray that I can handle it for 26 more days and that nothing eventful happens in that time while waiting for surgery.

One good thing is that I am working a lot in my new position and that means that I am not on my feet much which is a good thing right now but sitting too long seems to bother my back as well. Monday was my first day in the mammography office as a registrar. I was up there at that desk all alone and I was ready to get going then the patients started coming in. It was easy but it takes about two to three minutes to get each patient registered and when you have four patients coming in at the same time even though three of them don't have appointments until an hour away things can go south fast and that is exactly what happened. At one point I had eight patients sitting in the waiting area to go back and about five of them were not happy however they all had their mammograms done at the time they were scheduled. The patients still weren't happy because they felt like they had shown up early so they should have got in early. On top of all of this the computer started to mess up, needless to say I became a bundle of nerves in a very short time which made my new boss giggle like a school girl because she said she had never seen me worked up like that. All in all it was a hard day and I was very ready to come home and go to bed at the end of the day.

On Tuesday the computer was working perfectly and I had no back ups, things went so smooth that we finished early then Wednesday I felt like I had been at it for years so it was smooth that day as well. The only thing I need to learn now is basically just the departmental stuff like what to do with all the paperwork or as they call it "busy work" . After that I will be all set up and ready to roll. Monday I didn't have to go in until 8 and I really liked that because I didn't get up until 5:45 instead of my normal 4:30 when I have to be there at 7.

We have been getting much needed rain around here and it is starting to look like fall. I was worried that all the leaves were just going to turn an ugly brown and fall off the trees but the rain seems to have revived them somewhat.

Before I go, today I received wonderful news. My little sister is getting married. Her boyfriend, now fiance, asked her to marry him the other night. They have not set a date yet but that should be coming soon. I am so excited for her and I really like her fiance. He is a sweet guy who treats her great and makes sure that she is taken care of. Congratulations to them!

Well it is getting late and I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning so I am going to call it a night. Y'all have a great weekend!

xoxo

12 comments:

James Goodman said...

Congrats, to your little sister. :D

I hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update breazy and thanks for stopping by my blog, it was sooooo good to see you again.
I misss the good ol days.
HUGS
tc

SoCal Sal said...

Congrats for your sister.

I hope nothing falls out or falls off!

Take care and have a nice weekend. Things are getting back to normal here. It should actually be a very nice weekend varoooom!

Anonymous said...

Yay for sister.

Breazy said...

James...thanks, you too!

TC... it was so good to stop by your blog again!

xoxo

SoCal...I am so glad to hear that you all are out of danger, I have been praying hard for y'all! You have a great weekend too!

Lightning bug..lol...I am linking you again. I don't know where you went the first time but I am putting you in there again.

Mad Housewife said...

Surgery?? What?!?! I've been living in my cookbook lately, so I haven't been a good blog reader. I hope you will be okay. I wish you lived closer so I could help out while you're down. Peach cobbler anyone?

Breazy said...

Leslie..you are too sweet girl! MMMMM...can you snail mail some peach cobbler in an air tight tupperware container maybe and then when I am recovered from my surgery and back on my feet I could ship it back with something good in it? LOL!

Mona said...

Breazy, you are the sweetest! I am anxious to know about your surgery. I hope everything works out well for you Ultimately!

Yay for the sister & for Mr B's new contract!

You rock girl!

lime said...

good grief, it's always something isn't it? hang in there kiddo. and congrats to your sister, happy news!

Lapa said...

MIGUEL TORGA

THE PLOUGHMAN OF THE WRITING

A SHARED PATH

In the 1st centenary of his birth

BY CRISTÓVÃO DE AGUIAR

CozyMama said...

i love days off.

James Goodman said...

I just wanted to drop by to wish you a Happy Halloween. :D

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...