Hey all! I had a few minutes before bed time so I thought I would get on and share my news from my doctors visit yesterday. I haven't been poked, probed or prodded that much in a while, want to talk about a thorough exam...my new doctor doesn't play around. Once we introduced ourselves and got to the matter at hand she wanted to know my entire history on my female organs. We were at that for a bit and she asked me a lot of questions. Once all the problems were out on the table, including my latest problem, we started talking about solutions.
There are several very effective solutions to some of the problems I am having but only one that will solve all of them, a complete hysterectomy. I am only 32 so that was a concern that we talked about because in a complete hysterectomy they take it all out including the ovaries and when the ovaries are taken out if you haven't gone through menopause it sends you into it which means that hormone replacement comes into play. In some women my age it takes considerable time to get the hormone levels stabilized. This stabilization period can be very hard by causing unusual fatigue, moodiness, loss of libido and so on. Considering the problems I am having and have had for years my doctor says this is the only way to permanently stop them. I should go in for surgery in 3-5 weeks.
I am excited yet scared. I knew this was going to come eventually so it is better to get it over with sooner rather than later. I am excited because once it is done I don't have to worry about scheduling my life around what my feminine organs are doing. I am scared because it is a major surgery and there are some complications that can happen however, I have a wonderful doctor who has a very high success rate with all types of hysterectomies and other surgeries. Remember, this is a new doctor for me so I wasn't going to go to her without researching her medical background.
With all that being said, I would like to ask all of you to say a prayer for me. I will be posting the date of the surgery on here, I am sure as the date approaches I will be posting on my fears and concerns just to air them out. I will be out of work for four weeks. The good thing in all this is how wonderful my boss is being about it, I will have to save that for another post. I am working up until the surgery date so I don't have to worry about that, but I worried about the four weeks of recovery and my boss told me not too.
Okay, it is bed time for me, y'all have a great Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
6 comments:
I had to delete my first comment due to all the type-o's *UGH* *giggles*
Hey Miss Breazy :-),
I had my hysterectomy 7 months ago. I understand the fears. But you'll be fine. The one plus you have on your side is you have had children (a womans body responds better because of the child bearing thing). I have none so it effected my body a bit different, but over all I'm great. I'm on a hormone patch (even though I have my ovaries). That's what you'll want. Some of the hormone pills can cause weight gains. This patch doesn't. I love my female GYN too. She is the greatest!!! You'll feel sooo much better..
Take care:-).
well, i am glad you are at peace with what thesolution is and knowing you'll be better. i can understand fears about surgery. glad to hear your boss is being cool about it. and of course, many oprayers for all to go well and a speedy recovery.
Will be a relief to have it all sort of DEALT with. I have several friends who've had hysterecomies and only one had any trouble.
Hope that all goes well for you too!~
I was 32 when I had mine and I don't regret a moment of it. I also had the total hysterectomy. As I put it, they took out the crib but left the playpen...LMAO!!!
Good luck and if I can help with anything you know where to find me!
luv ya!
breazy talk to your doctor about natural HRT. My wife has been in menopause for several years. The doctor takes a bloodtest and the lab makes up some HRT specifically for your bodies needs. It's called Progesterone.
tc
Post a Comment