..for a few days anyways. Good Monday morning to ya!
My daughter returned home from Canada yesterday evening and I have never been so glad to see anyone in my entire life! She called around 5:45PM to let me know that they were in Knoxville and would be here in about half an hour so I went to the mall parking lot to wait for the bus to pull in. When I got there the bus had just pulled up and the people were unloading. I walked up looking for my daughter and finally she came down the bus steps. I don't think her feet had even hit the ground when I wrapped my arms around her and told her she could never go that far away from home without me again..heehee!
She had a great time in Canada so last night we got to hear all about her trip and everything she done and saw. Their itinerary was bulging with exciting things to see and do and my daughter didn't miss any of them, she done everything she could. We call my daughter spongy sometimes because she is a very curious person and she, like a sponge soaks up water, soaks up everything coming and going then she can relate it back to you and never miss a thing. She is one of the most curious people I have ever met in my life. When she was just a small child she would kill ya with questions however, unlike most kids, she would only ask you a question one time, she never repeated the same question.
I will be getting her film developed this week and when I do I will post some pics on here. She will be leaving on Saturday to go on a five day camping trip in the Great Smoky Mountains with her troop then after that we will take a break until August then we will start her Cadette year.
Tonight we are taking our youth group from church to see a Smokies baseball game. We are all excited about this because we are all baseball lovers, especially the occupants of my house. Actually every July 4th we have made it a tradition to go watch the Smokies play then stay for their huge fireworks show afterwards but this year they will be out of town on the 4th so I have no clue what we will do, probably fire up the grill and invite friends and family over.
Vacation time is slowly making it's way here. We are only taking a week at the beach this year because I didn't want to be away from the new house for two weeks. We are going to use the other week some other time.
I finally got some good sleep last night and boy did it feel good. I was able to go to bed when I got sleepy and actually go to sleep where as here lately I have been tired and sleepy but sleep has eluded me. I have been taking small power naps during the day when I have the chance though so that has helped.
Well, my dryer is buzzing so I guess it is time for me to go. Y'all have a great day, be safe, and take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
10 comments:
My oldest daughter has been helping Gramma M. at a dog show in IL. She's been gone since Wednesday night and will be back tonight. And then, next Sunday to Saturday, she's going to camp. Sigh. She will have a busy summer.
I'm missing her now and thinking about how much I will miss her when she's at camp.
Okay. Get some sleep when you can.
Wow! Canada! I hope she had a good time. One week of beach fun sounds good. Hope you keep up the good sleepy nights.
XoXoX
well i am glad she arrived home safe and sound and had a wonderful time. sounds lilke she'll have lots of memories to share too. :)
i have so much catching uo to do
i'll get back here when i'm not so off kilter
I love the way you described your daughter and the way she soaks up knowledge.
Glad she had a good time, can't wait to see some pics.
The camping trip sounds like it'll be fun.
It's good you're finally getting some sleep. It seems sometimes we get sooooo tired we CAN'T sleep.
Take care
tc
Breazy,
What beach?
In Tennessee?
Just kidding..xoxox
Glad she had fun. Can't wait to see the photos.
Have a great day!
Looks to me as if your daughter is turning into quite a little traveler. Good for her and the experiences she'll get from these outings will be with her forever.
Glad to hear that she made it back safe and sound!
xo
What a sweet, loving mom you are! I'm sure your daughter was just as glad to see you! Hugs and kisses!
What a great experience for her, wow. Can't wait to see some pics!
Glad you made it too ;)
Post a Comment