For the past few weeks we have had not one little drop of rain. The temps have been up in the high 80's to low 90's and it has been humid and very dusty. Saturday night I was sitting out on the front porch, which is a ritual for me before I go to bed each night, and all of the sudden it started sprinkling rain. Upon hearing the first few spatters, I got up out of my chair and walked over to the edge of the porch, stuck my hand out and sure enough it was sprinkling. About five minutes later I started hearing this roaring noise to my right that was getting closer by the second, not long after that I couldn't hear myself think over the heavy rain. I was so glad to see that rain! When I awoke yesterday morning the rain had stopped but you could tell that storms were on the way by looking at the dark gray sky.
Yesterday was Homecoming at our church and lucky for everyone there, the storms held off until after the service and most had finished eating. Once it started storming I didn't think it would ever quit! We were preparing to leave for home , all of us were standing in the vestibule waiting on the rain to lighten up a bit but it just kept getting harder and harder. At one point you couldn't see the parking lot across the street and it is only about twenty or thirty yards away. I finally grabbed a big garbage bag (since I forgot my umbrella at home that morning), covered my head and made a run for it, needless to say the lower half of me was dripping wet by the time I got to my van, but it was fun !
Vacation Bible School starts tonight at our church so after we finished eating several of us went back into the church to decorate. This year we are doing the Wild West Witness theme and it is going to be so much fun. All of the kids are so excited, so are the adults. We have backdrops that look like a western town setting in the 1800's. All three of my children will be participating in various skits this week. They have worked so hard on memorizing their lines for the past few months. Mr. B will be teaching the teens class and I will be doing the opening ceremony each night plus I am the music director this year. The week will be a busy one for me but I am looking forward to the fun.
Well I better sign off and get going, I have a lot to do today plus I have an appointment at my hair salon in a bit. Y'all have a good day, be safe, and take care !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
15 comments:
We have had stormy weather off and on since Friday night. Friday's rain made it even more humid. Saturday's rain cooled off some, but was still humid. Yesterday's rain really cooled the temps to the upper 60s and the humidity was gone. Now this morning it was thundering again. Whew. I hope it doesn't cause a flood if it didn't already. I hope it gets warmer today, but the forecast is for upper 60s temps. :(
Yes, it's amazing how wet you can get just running to the car in the pouring rain.
Our church only has VBS for the kids for one week in July. :(
we need rain too.:(
I always loved running in the rain as a kid. Innocent fun...I miss those rain spells. Sounds like you've got your hands full for a while again.
I sure wish it would rain about a week. Nothing hard just a nice steady rain:-).
Glad to hear you're finally getting some rain. We had thunderstorms all weekend.
Busy busy brezy.:)
tc
we've been terribly dry too and are now getting rain. it's a good thing.
Well.. I'm in Seattle and We have Rain! Woo! Loving it!
We need rain too!
And what a wonderful blessing about your son and his salvation! Thanks for sharing, it is always wonderful to here about others believing in Christ. :)
Ah yes, that must of been the same storm that hit us. It was much needed rain though.
Have fun at Vacation Bible School!
Hi Breazy! Did you see Noah and his ark perchance!
There's hardly anything better than sitting on the porch on a summer evening and watching it pour!
....Isn't Summer grand?
Thanks Breazy....xox
ah Breazy! I LOVE soaking in the rain too! I Just Love the rain!
Good luck to your adorable kids for their skit performance!
Have a great week!!!
I want to see the new do!!
We are having awesome weather but a little more rain wouldnt hurt...wont happen though.
Hope you are still totally in love with your new home!
You know Breazy...I will get around to calling you back...I am spinning my wheels these past few days....UGH!! Hope you had a good wk and have a great wknd...
xo
Post a Comment