A lot has went on since last I posted. The last time I was here Chesney had just graduated high school and my father-in-law spent a rocky two weeks in the hospital, the vein surgery was a success, he is now getting around without a walker and preparing to have the right leg done which will be easier due to less blockage. Since then....
June 17th we spent a day in the mountains swimming and picnicking then on the way back we were hit by another car and my Chevy Equinox that I had only had for 5 months and 28 days was totaled. Exactly one week later we found out that my mother-in-law has cancer all over her body, it is in her blood stream. This week she will finish up her three week radiation treatments on the spots on her brain and the huge spot in her left lung. She will then get a two week break then do seven weeks of chemotherapy to get the rest of it, please keep her in your prayers.
We took our yearly beach vacation and the day before returning we found out that our beloved dog, Bentley, had been killed when my neighbors garbage man ran over him. Coming home was very hard because his death brought our emotions and a good dose of reality to the front of our minds and made us face the "what if's" concerning Shawn's mother. Since then....
Bethany and Ty started back to school last Monday (August 2nd) which in my mind is way too early. Bethany hates being at the big high school after attending the 9th grade academy last year, she is like me..she doesn't like to be in big crowds of people. Ty loves 7th grade and daily he is chattering on about trying out for basketball at his school. This is the first time he has wanted to play sports through his school, normally we play through our local Parks & Recreation. Ty also started football a couple weeks ago, this is his last year through Parks & Rec.
That is all I have time for right now. Y'all have a great day and I will be back tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
No comments:
Post a Comment