Wednesday, May 19, 2010

my usual update

Of course I haven't been here in a month but it has been a very busy month. Where to begin....I guess at the beginning. I mentioned in my previous post that my sister was getting married on May 1st and that happened. Shawn and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary on that day as well. What is even cooler about the entire thing is that Shawn was the Minister who performed the ceremony, it was the second couple my husband has married. On the same day of my sisters wedding and my anniversary was Chesney's (my oldest daughter) senior prom. Chesney was not able to attend the wedding because she was getting ready for prom, the sad thing is that we didn't get to see her after she was all done up for prom.

Six days after that my father-in-law had a procedure scheduled to find out about blockage in the veins of his left leg. Want to talk about a shocker, we found out that my FIL has an artery disease that has been ignored by his previous doctor for too long and is now going to take his life. His new doctor told us they could do a vein bypass in the left leg but that would only buy him some time, they said with a successful bypass he would have 3 to 5 years to live. First they had to make sure that my FIL was physically fit enough to survive the bypass surgery. It took five days but finally he was ready for the bypass. It went well, he was in surgery for a little over four hours but the bypass was successful. The next morning things started going downhill. You would think it was my FIL's leg that was not doing well but it was everything else that went crazy. His kidney function decreased big time, his blood sugar level was all out of whack, and his blood pressure was either too high or too low, then on top of all that his oxygen level dropped. It has been a rough couple of weeks but Dr. S told us that my FIL might get to home tomorrow. In the morning the are going to put my FIL under lightly to check the incision in his groin area due to some drainage. If everything looks good then he goes home and if not then they have to put him under a bit deeper and repair the problem. Of course we are praying for everything to be fine and for him to return home. Please keep him in your prayers.

Last night Chesney graduated high school..sniffle..sniffle. I am so proud of her and I can't wait to see what she does with her life, at the same time I am sad that my baby girl has grown up on me. There really hasn't been anything else going on because we haven't had time for anything since we have been at the hospital each day and most nights since my FIL was admitted. I have put my resignation in at work and next Thursday will be it for me there then I will come home and work on building my skin care/wellness business. I can't wait to be home again because I can keep in touch more often than I do now.

I need to go now and sleep awhile because after dropping the kids at school tomorrow I am headed back to the hospital.

Y'all have a great day!

1 comment:

lime said...

congrats to chesney on graduating and to you and shawn on your anniversary. so sorry to hear about your FIL. must be very upsetting.

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...