Tuesday, December 16, 2008

sickness, oral surgery, a Christmas program and a weekend recap

Sorry for my absence the past few days but things have been a bit hectic around here as I am sure it is for you also. We have two kids home with strep-throat right now and another preparing for oral surgery a week from today, might I add that Miss Surgery is fighting us all the way. Bethany, my 13 year old, will be having her wisdom teeth extracted along with some other work on a tooth that is impacted. She has never been put to sleep before and she is not looking forward to it now. The oral surgeons office called yesterday and the only time they had open to schedule this surgery was on the 23rd. Mr. Breazy isn't happy about the date because it is two days before Christmas and he thinks her holiday will be ruined but it can't be helped because it has to be done while she is on Christmas break or she will miss several days of school which we can't have. I am a real stickler concerning attendance at school, how will they learn if they aren't there .... that is how I look at it. The nurse said that she will still enjoy her break from school despite the surgery.

Chesney and Ty my other two offspring are both down with strep-throat and will be seeing the doctor today. I dread going into the dr.'s office because they were so full yesterday that they couldn't fit either of my kids in, not even in the after hours sick clinic.

Sunday was a busy day for us at church, we had our Christmas dinner after the morning service and immediately after that we started setting up the stage inside the church for our Christmas program. This years program was more of the smaller children except for singing and some of us adults pitched in to help there. We did have one little girl who sang "O' Holy Night" all by herself and it was probably the best cover of the song I have heard, did I mention the child that sang the solo is only 6?

I had not looked forward to the program because of my part in it, I was to sing "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" and all week last week I struggled with my sinuses draining which made my throat all out of whack, it was a bit better on Sunday and I made it through the performance until the last verse and chorus when my voice almost went out two different times. The Christmas program turned out to be a success, not one person forgot their lines not even the 3 year olds. All of the kids had fun and it was a less-stressful program than what we normally have.

As far as a weekend recap, Mr. B's work has been slow, as it always is this time of year, he has been home most of last week and this week so we decided to take advantage of the time and do some touch ups around the house. Friday we worked on areas in the dry wall finish that needed attention like where the house has settled and nail heads were barely working out, which is usual when you build a new home or building of any kind. Saturday we sanded those areas that we had touched up and then we done some painting. We re-painted our master bathroom and it looks so fresh again. One thing I have learned through this entire building process and living in a new home is that #1 you are going to have areas the first year that need attention due to settling, #2 never use an eggshell finish paint again and #3 you will probably change your mind on some of the colors/themes you went with first in some rooms. In the spring we re-painted the kitchen and I did change the color from a very light soft blueish green with eggshell finish to an olive green semi-gloss finish. I love the olive green and most of all the semi-gloss finish because finger prints wipe off so easily now. We did go with the same color in the master bath but we used a satin finish instead of eggshell. We also re-painted the front foyer, living room and hallway however we did use what paint we had left from the beginning, we basically wanted a fresh look and to get rid of some of those hand prints my son can't seem to help leaving behind.

I have decided to change some of the colors in the house just a bit like in the living room. Our current color is like a sand color but I want to go a couple shades darker with a satin finish and paint two of the walls red for accent. Our master bath will stay the color it is now which is Irish Rose, a darker pink, but in the bedroom I am thinking about changing the sage color on the walls to a beige or sand color and using dark to meduim browns and pink to accent with. It might sound weird but I have a vision in my head of what I am wanting. I am thinking about going with a different color in the office as well. The blue in here is so light that everything stays on the walls so I am thinking about changing that, I don't know if I will yet or not.

That is pretty much what I have been up to, how about you?

1 comment:

CozyMama said...

strep throat is the worst. I was thinking about your new house a few days ago, glad to read about it. hang in there. :)

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...