Today is the last day of school for my two youngest until January 6. I am really excited about that because here lately I have wanted to snuggle under my very warm blankets in my bed instead of get up at 5:30 and get everyone else up. My eldest child started her break yesterday because she doesn't have to go today and take the exams because she had almost perfect attendance.
I will be going this evening to pick up stocking stuffers then I will be D-O-N-E with shopping. I have to go to the grocery store today as well and I am not looking forward to that, I never do, however I always feel that if I have to suffer through walking the aisles of the grocery store deciding what to buy for us to eat I shouldn't have to do it alone so I save my grocery buying for a time when Mr. B has a clear schedule and can go with me. I hate grocery shopping and even worse I hate carrying all those bags from the car to the house then putting it all away while everybody is in the kitchen, in my way, inspecting each item and letting me know if they approve.
This weekend we only have one thing on our schedule and that is Saturday morning we will be going over to our church to help put together Christmas food baskets for those in need. After the Christmas baskets are done Mr. B has promised to take Chesney shopping for a car because the mechanic still can't find what is wrong with her Toyota Camry and Mr. B is tired of her driving his truck so before we leave I am going to take some Advil Migraine because I know for certain I will need it after the car shopping.
Unbelievably, our high today is supposed to hit 68 then by Sunday it is supposed to be snowing a little. There is a motto around here in East Tennessee......if you don't like the weather hang around for a couple more days because it will change. I guess you have to live here or spent some time here to know exactly how true those words are.
I was thinking about this Christmas holiday and how the economy is. Most everyone is on a tight budget this time of year most every year but this year it seems to be worse because of the economy being what it is. All of this led my thoughts in the direction of what to buy for who because I am terrible at choosing gifts and I always want to get something I know that person needs or wants, I don't want to buy something that will be sitting in the closet. When I am undecided on a gift for people I start buying little things to make one big goody bag and this always seems to work good for me. I have done goody bags that included a small ground bag of coffee beans, a nice coffee cup/mug, and a good book from their favorite author, I have also done them with soft fuzzy socks, a soft throw, the newest edition of their favorite magazine, and some nice book markers. I have one relative that I never can decide on so one year I put two individual bags of popcorn, a soda of their choice, a hershey's bar, and a gift card to go towards the purchase of a DVD of their choice. My parents always told me that it isn't the gift itself or the cost of the gift that matters but the thought behind it and I have always taken that to heart. I want my gifts to matter, of course none of us are going to go purchase a gift for someone if we know they will hate it but you understand what I am saying. So if you are having a hard time buying a gift for somebody start calling others that know them and find out what they like and put together a goody bag. The goody bags are as inexpensive or as expensive as you want them and they are fun to put together because when doing a theme is kind of like a treasure hunt and when you start looking for things to put in it you will be surprised at some of the items you will run across that you didn't even know was available. And that, my friends, is about the extent of my gift giving advice when you are clueless on what to buy someone.
I think I will sign off now and get some things around the house done before I have to attend my son's Christmas Party in his classroom. You all have a great weekend! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
8 comments:
i like being 1st! love your goodie bag idea. You know I love grocery shopping. REALLY i do. why - because it is the one time every week that i am ALONE. really alone. sure i sit at work/home all day alone but that is work! i have clients to keep me company. grocery shopping with my kids is something to hate, but alone is my ME TIME! ;)
CozyMama....I can understand that! LOL! A lot of people think that stay-at-home moms don't do much but let me tell you, I know what you mean, we stay busy girl because we are home with the laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, and vaccuming and if your kids are home as yours are you also mix in lunch and all the work you have to for your actual work and it takes up the minutes in a day.
Merry Christmas Breazy Baby!
Yay! Christmas BREAK!
I'm sooo excited.
Cheers.
Lady Heather....
You have a wonderful Holiday...G
Done with shopping...what a lovely idea. I'm far from done.
I love the goodie bag idea. Have a great Christmas all together. Sorry to hear that your eldest won't be able to eat many of the Christmas treats, but I'm sure she'll enjoy the fun nonetheless.
wow, your kids get a nice long break. mine would be so envious. i'm still not done shopping....sigh.
hope everyone at your house has a great christmas and wonderful new year.
Merry Christmas to Breazy & family & happy Holidays!
MERRY CHRISTMAS. I love the look of your blog, very pretty.
Post a Comment