Tuesday, October 14, 2008

we have braces....

Today was the big day for Bethany, she had her braces installed. Thus far she doesn't have the entire set on top or bottom because they are wanting her front teeth to move some then in three weeks we go back to have spacers put in then a week after that we go back to have the brace bands and the remaining brackets installed on her back teeth. She has an upper cuspid that is impacted, it basically has no where to go so we have been referred to an oral surgeon which I have to call Monday. The oral surgeon is going to(after the initial exam of course) put her to sleep, remove tissue off of the impacted cuspid, place a bracket on it and a pull down loop so that the orthodontist can insert a wire that will slowly extract the tooth from the gum. This is a good thing because Beth was afraid that they were going to have to pull the tooth that is where the cuspid should be but the orthodontist said it wouldn't have to be pulled, the only drawback is that the ortho. wants all four of her wisdom teeth removed at the same time they remove the tissue and place the bracket and loop. I said "the only drawback" and I want to clarify that, Beth is the only one that sees this as a drawback and I have to say that since it is her teeth she has the right to see it that way however as her mother I feel that getting the wisdom teeth out of the way is the best thing. She will have the braces for 2-2 & 1/2 yrs.

Ty played his last football game last night, tonight they start practicing for the playoffs and Super Bowl. I am glad that football is almost over but I do have to admit that I will miss it for a couple of reasons one being that Ty enjoys playing so much and it keeps him busy. Next year the football program will have a new administrator and this new administrator has approached Mr. B about being head coach of the Midgets next year because he said he had watched Mr. B and the kids really respond to his positive attitude and also because he knows football well. Once football is completely over I will have a lot of extra time to do the things I enjoy doing again like blogging.

Pastor Appreciation Day is this coming Sunday and guess who is hosting the day of food & fun? correcto mundo..yours truly. I am doing things different than what has been done in the past by simplifying everything. We are going to have food then move outdoors for lots of games, inside games for backup in case of bad weather. I have to go this week and pick up the gift the church is purchasing for our Pastor and his wife, I hope they like it because it is something beautiful and I would love to tell you all what it is but since this is a public forum and anyone can find me I will wait until after Sunday to tell you.

Who has their fall decorations out? I meant to have all of mine out but so far I have put nothing out. I still have plenty of time because I leave my fall decor out until Thanksgiving Day.

I am so happy that the election is only three weeks away because that means that it will soon be over with, I am seriously dreading this election because I am not in favor for either candidate but we have to vote for somebody so I just want it over with. Anyone else feeling that way?

Now it is time for me to sign off and go fold my towels in the dryer. Y'all have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Mona said...

My son needed braces, but he was so afraid that no amount of persuasion could make him comply!

Have fun with playing the hostess Breazy :)

Mad Housewife said...

So can I call her metal mouth? Just kidding!!

I have a few fall decorations out. There's a sign outside my door (where I always hang my Christmas wreath) with fall leaves on it that says "harvest blessings" or something like that. I've got a few stick-figure scarecrow thingies on my entertainment center in the living room and fall leaf garland draped over my pub mirror in the hallway. All from Hobby Lobby 50% off!!

lime said...

welcome to the wonderful world of braces. i have a devil of a time getting mine to wear her retainer now that they are off. grrrrr

S said...

Little Rita has already sported one set of braces, and she has two sets to go.
Thankfully she wears her retainers.
She really doesnt have a choice if she wants a pretty smile.

Hope all is well Breazy girl!
:)

peach said...

I hope all goes well with the braces. I had them when I was 9 and the oral surgeon pulled four molars prior to me getting the braces. My senior year of high school, I had to have my wisdom teeth cut out. After all is said and done, she will be very thankful to have a beautiful smile. :)

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...