Monday, July 07, 2008

4 more days....

As usual, it has been a while since I have posted on here so I figure it is about time. I have been more busy than usual the past few days so I haven't had time to get online hardly any at all. Actually I have been on the computer for the past two or three days almost constantly creating spreadsheets, printing labels for files, and getting paperwork from our flooring business more organized so that we have not only a paper copy in a file but also a copy on the computer. I have also been re-organizing and/or re-creating print outs of my monthly reports on the accounts that I hold at church. When we get home from the beach I will be looking for something to keep me busy but I do not know that I will be successful in finding something to do other than the usual house work/cleaning because I have done just about everything I can think of to get this complete house organized better and I have done it one room at a time.

I have just returned from dropping my van off at our mechanics. We are getting a tune up, new brakes, and he is going to check a couple of things out for me that we have been having problems with. Yesterday Mr. B was changing the oil for me and he noticed something that could be part of the answer to my brake problem. First of all the van needs new front brakes but I have been noticing that they aren't working well at all lately. I pulled out of Wal*Mart the other day and a car stopped in front of me at the stop sign, when I put my foot on the brake it felt all squishy and different and I didn't think it was going to stop but it did about a foot from the car in front of me, wanna talk about a scare. When this incident happened I was going maybe 8 mph because I had just pulled out of a parking lot. While changing the oil Mr. B saw a brake line (?), I think that is what he said, and it had a leak so the mechanic is going to check that for me. I haven't been driving the van that much since the brake problem first started a couple of weeks ago. We were supposed to take the van to our mechanics last Monday but we were too busy to break loose and take it which was kind of good considering our mechanic had another car come in that really needed some major attention.

I have to go this week to buy new shorts and a new belt because all of the shorts/belts that I have are now too big for me. When I put on a pair of jean or khaki shorts even with a belt I can pull them off of me without undoing the belt, button, or zipper, this is a really great feeling. I was telling Mr. B when I lose a little more weight I am going to have to go get one of the soft rubber things that go on a ring that is too big for your fingers because my wedding ring is very lose right now and if I were to sling my hand sideways I could sling my ring completely off my finger, I do not wear my rings to bed anymore because I am afraid they will slide off in the night and if that happened I would panic the next morning when I noticed they were gone.

We are keeping an eye on the weather today because we have severe storms that should be passing through sometime from now through this evening. We need the rain badly but I wish we could get it without all the high winds, hail, thunder and lightning.

For those of you that use Mozilla Firefox, have you installed version 3 yet? If so please let me know what you think of it. I have been reading up on it and it has some very nice, helpful add-ons.

I guess I better sign off now and finish up this account I am working on. Y'all have a great day and I will be back sometime this week to post again before I leave for the beach. :)

4 comments:

Logophile said...

I love swimming too, and so do my boys, but my honey doesn't love it. We tease him and say he is a cat because he doesn't really care for cats. :p
If it is hot enough though, he gets in the water!

lime said...

good luck with the van repairs. brakes are kind of important to have working correctly!

enjoy your vacation too when it's time.

peach said...

Good luck on getting your brakes fixed! Very important before you head out to the beach!! Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

You can get chunks taken out of rings that are too big...

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...