We have had a fairly good weekend. Today has probably been the most productive day yet, all three of my children cleaned their rooms. Let me clarify here, they didn't just go in there and pick up and straighten up which is the norm..they re-organized, threw out things they don't want or need, two of them wanted their rooms re-arranged and we were happy to oblige them..it was like spring cleaning except I wasn't the one cleaning. I am so happy over those spotless bedrooms! Of course this type of cleanliness comes at a price and I am just waiting to see what will be asked of me tomorrow or Tuesday.
I am posting tonight because tomorrow we will be gone most of the day. The kids are out of school for President's Day so we are going to take off and go to the mountains, I will be posting pics on Tuesday. It is only supposed to rain in the morning but we can drive through the rain if that is the case, we are just ready to get out of the house and go somewhere as a family. That is one good thing about my kids, we have taught them that you don't have to go out and spend loads of money just to have fun. Another thing we have instilled in them is to appreciate and respect where you came from. My mom's side of the family came from Cades Cove which is in the Great Smoky Mountains and I have always loved going up there. When we are there I always wonder what it must have been like living back in those days when my grandmother was just a child running those mountains.
I have always had an interest in those that came before me. I guess the interest I have and have always had in "people watching" stems from that. I can go to the mall and sit on a bench and watch people walk by all day long, you can learn a lot by just paying attention to people. As a child I was always asking my friends what they had for supper the night before, if their family eats together and other questions related to routines in their homes. I am sure that I came off as weird and some of them that didn't really know me that well probably thought I was a few fries short of a Happy Meal or that I didn't get supper every night but that wasn't it at all, I was just curious about life in general, every body lives different and I find it very fascinating to listen to some of the habits or routines that people have.
Going back to those that came before me, I feel like a lot of our (meaning as a whole, not just my family) heritage is being lost because people don't have the time or the interest to keep family history going. To me it is the history of my family that made me who I am today. Are any of you like that?
Anyways, I will be gone most of tomorrow but I will try to catch up on Tuesday.
Have a great day, take care and God Bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
5 comments:
well, if you didn't have plans to go to the mountains as a family i'd ask you to send your kids up here to infect my kids with that reorganize and clean virus they must have!
have a great time in the mountains and yes, i am the same way about family history too.
Dear Breazy, I am so glad to hear about the children cleaning up themselves & learning to have their life organized and clutter free.
We parents have a huge role in teaching our children some good values , That I see you have been so successfully been doing here, & I am so glad for you because you so totally deserve it!
Yes we need to go back to history to preserve our cultural heritage, traditions & values in order to be able to learn from them. Deriving the best from the past and intermingling it with our present does serves to enrich our lives!
I hope you have a good time in the outing with your family! :)
Well I can't wait to see the pictures! I use to love to clean and rearrange my room. I would usually go back and come out about 3 or 4 hours later and go and get my mom. She loved it when I would surprise her. Speaking of which, I need to go through my closet and "house clean".
XO
What?! Satisfaction in a job well done not good enough for them? I'm shocked! ^_~
Hey Breazy:-)
If your using foxfire instead of internet explorer, that could be the reason for not being able to read my blog. I've had folks that use foxfire have the same prob. Anyhoo, Have a great day tomorrow!!
Post a Comment