Wednesday, January 30, 2013

proud moments and a little weeping

I can't remember exactly all I have posted on here in the past couple of years concerning my offspring so I am going to hit the high points.

My oldest child, Chesney, has been working at a local hospital for two years. She is a CNA and has grabbed some other small certificates during her time there. She is phlebotomy certified and in December she finished college and is studying to take her pharmacy technician certification exam very soon. In the Fall she will go back to school to start on her pre-nursing classes and then she will go on into a nursing program.

My middle child, Bethany, is in her senior year of high school and she has decided that she wants a future in culinary but she was having trouble deciding where to go to school. She has been looking hard at The Art Institute of Tennessee-Nashville and The Art Institute of Atlanta because both are about the same distance from our home. Lately Bethany decided that she wanted to start out at a smaller school so she has decided to get her feet wet by applying to Pellissippi State Community College where I attend. They have a culinary department and I think it will be great for her to get her first college experience and decide if culinary is the true path she wants to take. If she makes the decision to go with culinary all of her credits are transferable and they will also prepare her for a four year school. Basically she can get her prerequisites out of the way at PSCC and the best part is there is a campus located less than ten minutes from our home.

Tonight Bethany and I finished up all of her forms and whatnot and tomorrow she will be applying at PSCC. I am so excited and proud but at the same time I am a little teary eyed because I can't believe that it is time for another one of my children to head to college. These days it seems life is literally speeding by me. Ty, my youngest child, has grown so much in the last year and a half. He went from looking like a younger boy to looking like a young man in a matter of months and on top of that he grew about 8 inches taller in the last year and a half. I have to look up at my son now..hahaha.

This post may seem silly but I needed somewhere to unload a little because of the jittery feelings over my kids growing up. I thank God each and every day for allowing me the blessing of being their mother!

2 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

Covnitkepr1 said...

Just checking back for any new items you may have posted.

The hardest thing I ever did was watch my kids leave home to make a life for themselves.

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...