I cannot believe it is almost Thanksgiving and then in a few short weeks we will celebrate Christmas. Where does time go? I am glad I could make it back here because it has been a while and who knows when I will come back again. These days my time is too consumed with studying and homework to have the extra time to blog. I post random posts on Facebook when I have time, but that is not a constant either.
Speaking of school.....there were two classes that I was not sure about when I started this semester, Medical Terminology I and Probability & Statistics. I planned my schedule around those two classes and made sure that any other classes I took along with these two would be something I am comfortable with so that my main focus landed on Med. Term and Prob & Stats. Med. Term has been a lot easier than I imagined or had been told and my current grade in there is 99.6. I absolutely love that class and I find it very interesting. I am also doing very well in Prob & Stats and I give that credit to my instructor. I went from having major math test anxiety to not even sighing hard during my math tests now. The first P&S test we had I could not even complete because my anxiety was growing with every second and so was my frustration. I knew the material and how to work each problem, but my anxiety took over and that was the end of it. I had warned my instructor about the anxiety so he was very understanding and let me re-take the test. A couple of weeks ago we took our third big test and I did not even sigh hard while taking it and I made a 90 it. I think I will frame that test because I never thought I would ever pull in a 90 as a test grade in P&S. Mr. D told me to view the test as just another classroom assignment and if I started feeling anxious to come to him and he would help me move past whatever was ruffling my feathers. I will certainly miss Mr. D once the semester is over.
Next semester will be somewhat different for me because all of my classes are available at the main campus in Knoxville and none are offered at the campus I am currently attending (my current campus is literally 7 minutes from my house). I will be driving to the main campus on Tuesdays and Thursdays for my Excel class, but I have chosen to take the others online to save gas and wear and tear on my car. I am looking forward to being home more even if I am doing my schooling. I will not be working as a writing tutor next semester either because this semester it has been difficult at times to get my study hours in and work.
Well, this post was all over the place and very random. I need to sign off and get to bed. I hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving day with your families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
1 comment:
Just a note to say I miss talking to you and wish you happiest of holidays with all your loved ones.
Post a Comment