I always want snow every winter but it doesn't snow here much anymore. We might get a couple of dustings and sometimes, like Monday, we get maybe 2 to 2 1/2 inches which isn't enough to be called snow in my book. Monday the forecasters said that it would start out raining and by late afternoon we would have flurries and a possible dusting but when Monday came things were completely different. By 10 AM it was snowing so hard that I could barely see my neighbors house and every flake was sticking. They called school out at noon because roads were getting slush covered and slick. The kids finally went back to school this morning and I am happy about that but I am wondering when our next system will come through that will keep the kids our for two or three days. The weird thing is that Sunday it was 60F and very nice outside then Monday the cold and snow came but by this weekend we are supposed to be back up to 60F. All I can say to this is if it is going to snow it needs to do so, I am talking like 8+ inches and get it over with then I want Spring to come rushing right in here.
As a kid the cold temps never bothered me but now it doesn't take much to make me freeze, must be the getting older thing even though I am not that old. I am ready for Spring. I want to smell freshly mowed grass and blooming buds. I want to be able to throw my windows open and let the house breathe, hang my bed sheets out on the line to dry in the sunshine, take long walks, and last but not least I want to wear the lighter clothes that comes with warmer weather, all of this heavy winter garb is about to strangle me to death and I won't even mention the static that zaps me every time I touch something. When I go to the grocery store I am sure that people find me weird because before touching cans or opening the cooler/freezer doors I always clap my hands first to discharge the static that has worked up in me, I do the same before pumping gas but I am not the only one doing that.
I don't know how much I will be around in the next couple of weeks, not that I am around a lot now, because things are going to be very busy here for a little while but after that I should be able to get on regularly.
I hope you all have a good day and stay warm!
4 comments:
We never have to worry about school closing for snow. In fact, when it last snowed around here, in 2001, we got up in the middle of the night to play in the snow.
Before that, it hadnt snowed since the 70's because it's not supposed to snow here.
When schools close, it's because a rain and wind storm that knocks out the power in town.
Anyway, have a nice day Breazy
I always want snow just for Christmas, a week before and a week after. Then I'm ready for spring. In Wisconsin, we'll always get snow, but this year we've had a lot more snow than we have had the last 10 years ro so.
Spring couldn't come soon enough for me. :)
i am very tired of winter this year. moving along.....
I'll have to try that clapping trick. I'm always getting zapped by the elevator buttons at work.
Post a Comment