Good Wednesday morning! Is it just me or does it seems that almost anything you try to do concerning a doctors office you have to go do 20 other things before you can even get an appointment in that doctors office? This is about the third time in the last 6 months I have tried to make an appointment with our pediatricians office for one of my children and have been told to take them here or there for this test or that then call them back and they will make an appointment. Bethany, our 13 yr old daughter, has injured her side and is having a rough time participating in gym class at school. I have written repeated notes that she is not to participate until the doctor has seen her to find out what exactly is going on but to no avail. Her gym teacher is aware that there is a problem but up until Thursday she had no sympathy and what caused her sympathy after class Thursday was that she saw Bethany limping when she walked, so she told Bethany that she wouldn't make her participate in gym on Friday and to make sure that Bethany was not pushed into doing the activities I kept her out of school until after gym class was over, gym is Bethany's first period so she was at school before 10AM. I called the Dr.'s office twice last week and was told the first time to call back on Friday because she was out of town until then. When I called back on Friday I was told to call back on Monday because there were no appointments available throughout the day or during the sick clinic in the evening. I called back Monday and was told to call back today because of the schedule being full, Monday I let the appointment desk know just what I thought about all of this "call back" crap. This morning I called and of course the regular day schedule is full so she will have to be seen in the night clinic then I got transfered to the night clinic appointment desk , had to leave a voice mail and almost an hour later I finally received a call back and was told that I have to take Bethany to Children's Hospital for X-Rays before her pediatrician will see her. Needless to say, at this point I am passed pissed over all this calling and still no appointment. I told the nurse before hanging up that I would take her to Childrens for the x-rays and that by the end of the night they would see her in the pediatricians office or I was calling the main dude over the office, hospital and anybody else I could get in touch with.
What really has me puzzled is that our pediatricians office is in a hospital, University of Tennessee Hospital to be exact so why can't they make an appointment and do the x-rays there? As I told the nurse, my child will be seen in her pediatricians office before the night is over or I am going to sling more stink than a sewage truck emptying at the end of the day. It is so frustrating because I have been trying to get my child seen for a week now and still no one has checked out her side. Another thing that upsets me is that because of insurance purposes I have to put up with this run around because I can't just take her to the ER or I will be charged the complete bill plus another fee if it isn't considered a life threatening emergency. The insurance has always been wonderful but they are in the middle of making changes and that is why I am having to put up with the run around. Either way my child will be seen today or I am going to put my mean mom face on and take care of business.
Anyway, I didn't mean to post a venting session but that is really all I have for now. I hope all of you have a great day and I will be back tomorrow with better news concerning Bethany and her injured side. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
2 comments:
I wonder if she bruised a rib or something. Isn't the pancrease somewhere on the side too? I should ask the nurse what she thinks.
Oh yeah, I hope she's okay and you get her looked at.
Post a Comment