Thursday, January 15, 2009

hey, hey, hey and a meme..

I am feeling better and I am caught up with most everything after being sick so I thought I would stop in and drop a few lines. I don't know if I will have time to stop by all of your blogs today or not but I will try. Today will be a very busy day for us because we have errand after errand to run when Mr. B gets home from work.

Bethany had an appointment with her orthodontist Tuesday so that they could install the wire to the tooth that was impacted but was exposed by the oral surgeon and also for a normal tightening. While in there she caught a glimpse of her file and her estimated date for removal of the braces was moved up to April 14, 2010 which is 6 months before the original estimated removal date. They told us that she would have to wear the braces for 2 to 2 1/2 yrs but surprisingly her teeth are moving quickly so I am thinking that maybe we can even beat the April 2010 date if the teeth continue to move as they are now. Within three days after they removed her wisdom teeth we could tell a major difference in the bottom teeth and it is really unbelievable at the change her teeth have made. Now she is beginning to see what I have tried to tell her all along which is everything she is going through now will all be worth it in the end, she is no longer embarrassed to smile and show her teeth and that is awesome if you ask me!

Over a month ago I was tagged by Peachz to do a meme, I promised her that I would do the meme in a few days but with the holidays then sickness I didn't have the chance so I am going to do that now.

7 weird/random things about myself, I will not be tagging anyone but if any of you would like to do the meme please let me know so that I can come over and read it.

1. (One of my many pet peeves) I can't stand to hear someone pronouncing a word wrong. If they do it once or twice big deal but to constantly continue doing it really hits my nerve endings so I almost always say the correct pronunciation, don't get me wrong I don't always pronounce words correctly either but if I am not sure when I say the word I will ask if that is the correct pronunciation.

2. (I'm a crier) I have watched commercials that make me tear up. Seeing people extremely happy sometimes makes me cry, it just warms my heart. My favorite movie is The Color Purple and no matter how many times I see it I still cry just as much as I did the first time. It's weird because sometimes my feelings can get hurt so easily but other times you couldn't hurt them with a sledge hammer.

3. (Grocery shopping) I am not much for shopping but more than that I detest grocery shopping especially if I have to do it alone. I always make sure that Mr. B is free so that he can go with me to the grocery because I figure if I have to suffer I am not doing it alone (insert the "misery loves company" line here)...heehee.

4. (Checking out at the grocery store) When I am ready to check out at the grocery my items have to be put on the conveyor belt in a certain order like boxes with boxes, cold foods with cold foods..yada yada. With this weird little thing about me Mr. B is the wrong person to be taking food shopping because he puts the food on there in whatever order the items hit his grasp as he reaches into the cart and expects the bagger to seperate it all. When you get the food home it is so much easier to put your items away if they are organized before bagging.

5. (Building a sandwich) When I make a sandwich there is an order that I follow and I am really weird about it. I do not like for my condiments to be in between the meat and veggies or the meat and cheese, I want the condiments between the bread and the meat so that I don't have to chase every bite then repair the sandwich as well as possible before starting the process over. I also don't like to mix my condiments, for example put the mayo on top and the mustard on the bottom. When eating out I will ask whoever is taking my order to place the condiment(s) in this order.

6. (IPod ear buds and little ears) For Christmas we bought both of the girls an IPod Touch so Bethany gave me her IPod Nano. I found out very quickly that my ears were to small for the ear buds and because of my small ears I had to go to Wally World and purchase a pair of ear buds to fit my ears and they were not cheap. I am sure the cashiers in the electronics department laughed their heads off at me when I left because I had to try some of the ear buds to make sure they would fit, I was told they had never had anyone with the same problem before. With the original ear buds it doesn't matter how you put them in my ears, they pop right back out and in order to get them in my ears you have to cram them in there then after all of the effort put forth they pop right out. Both of my girls have tried to get the ear buds to stay in my ears to no avail and they thought it was hilarious that I had to go find a smaller pair to fit.

7. (Random Public Acts) I love to sing! If I hear music I will explode if I can't sing along so I am forever embarrassing my offspring by randomly bursting out in song where ever I am. When we are in a place that has no music playing it is like God installed an IPod right inside my brain and it is on shuffle because all of these songs start playing and of course I have to sing along. I have to really be careful if I am out in a store and I am really paying attention to what I am looking at because I will sometimes get going a bit louder than is appropriate for public.

Once again I will not be tagging anyone but feel free to play along, just make sure you let me know so that I can check it out.

You all have a great day and stay warm!

2 comments:

chosha said...

Right with on 1, 2 and 7. I might try to do the meme, but it'll be next week. It's a fun one, though.

Good news about the braces!

lime said...

i completely agree with the whole packing of grocery bags and putting things on the belt in the right order. what gripes me is if i bother the group them for the checker and then she bags them any old way. arg!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...