Thursday, September 25, 2008

absence.....

It seems just when I think I will be able to have more online time our schedule fills up and over once again. I do have an update concerning Ty and his football team, he has been moved to A Team defense (first string) since my last post. I also made mention in my last post about not being able to see out of my contacts and thinking that my doctor prescribed the wrong prescription...the prescription wasn't wrong however, they weren't the toric lenses either and since I have astigmatism I really need the toric lense. I also have severe dry eye and the brand of contact that I wear, Acuvue, didn't have a lense for sever dry eye and astigmatism until last month. I now have a trial pair of the Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism and I am loving them because I can see again and my eyes aren't irritated by the lense. Tuesday morning we found out that our dental insurance is going to cover Bethany's braces 100%...yay! We feel extremely blessed by this decision because a lot of insurance companies will pay only a small percentage which leaves you paying the rest of the bill and an expensive bill it is.

Gas prices have went way down from where they were when Ike hit, they went from $4.99 a gallon to $3.34 a gallon for regular unleaded. Now if they will continue to drop more because even though it is cheaper, $3.34 is still too high if you ask me.

I really don't have anything more to post about but felt that I should at least post something. I do want you all to know that I am not trying to ignore any of you, we are dealing with a very scary, frustrating situation concerning our 16yr old daughter. I do not feel that right now would be the best time to elaborate on such a public forum. I will say that my daughter has done nothing wrong and is in no trouble.

If any of you have any pointers,shortcuts..etc... on searching for a persons background information (especially criminal records) without having to pay for it please let me know, if it comes to the point that I have to pay for the records then I will but I don't want to if I don't have to. I am starting at the library then moving forward because I have tried the internet and so far I am coming up with the pay x amount for these records. The reason I do not want to pay for the records at this time is because I do know the middle name of the person I am searching for. If you have advice you can contact me at eazybreazy@gmail.com.

Y'all have a great Thursday!

7 comments:

lime said...

congrats to ty. and i am so sorry to hear about the issue with your daughter. definitely ask the reference librarian at your library. that person should be able to tell you where you can look.

best wishes..and prayers.

Angela said...

Time is just zooming by right? It's crazy! WOW! that's great about your son, he must be really good:-). That's great to read that the braces are being paid 100%, I'm going through lots of money due to our dental not covering lots of things 100% and dentists just aren't cheap. Gas is still crazy. I too think $3.34 is still ridiculous! Oh well, whatta we gonna do, we have to have it..
Have a great weekend! ((Hugs))

chosha said...

I just did a conversion (gallons to litres, AUD to USD) and it turns out our current petrol prices are around US$5.09 per gallon. Wow.

Mona said...

O dear, I hope things will be okay soon! I hope there is no danger!

God Bless!

Mad Housewife said...

You must have kick-ass dental insurance!

It's weird: Our gas never went up past $3.69/gal., and I'm right here in evacuation alley. Craziness! You were obviously price-gouged (is that how you spell that?), and you should report the gas stations where you saw the $4.99 prices.

peach said...

Hey B,

Congrats to Ty!! Also, yea to you and your new contacts. I wear them too, and it took me awhile to find the right ones for my wacky eyes. I think you are on the right path with the library. Our company does criminal background searches on potential rental customers but I don't know how that part is done. Hopefully, gas prices have come down in E. TN since your post. Here, they are $3.79 a gallon for regular.

Shari said...

Hey Breazy, popping my head in here to say hi and congrats to your son for getting on the A team as a first-stringer. He must be a natural athlete. :)

Don't worry about your absence. We all have a life (that comes first) outside of blogging.

I remember doing a criminal search on myself before doing my externship, but now I just remembered that I had to pay about 15 dollars for it. Sorry. That search was a requirement so that the externship site would know I didn't have a criminal record.

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...