I've been meaning to get on here but I've been so busy applying for jobs and getting my house in order that I have not had the chance. A lot has taken place since I posted two days after graduation. First of all I have been dealing with some frustration and throwing my own personal pity parties of late. In my desperate moments I told myself I wasted three years of my life going to school because no one is hiring me. As I've been throwing these pity parties I've continued to apply for any and all medical administrative positions open and finally my time spent applying paid off. I have a wishlist with 10 local medical hospitals/companies that I would love to work for and last Monday my #2 on the list called me in for an interview. We scheduled the interview for Friday March 13. On Thursday before my interview I received another from the same company, different department, wanting an interview for a position I applied for in January. I ended up only interviewing for the position I applied for in January and I should start April 6th. I can only call the new job a blessing from God because it is more than I could have dreamed of coming straight out of school. The pay will be great but more importantly, to me anyway, are the benefits that come with the job.
On the heels of that good news came some shocking, yet good, news. As I was pulling out of my driveway to go to my interview last Friday, my phone alerted with a text. It was my youngest daughter and the text read
"You're going to be a grandma (smiley face). Please focus on your interview and not on me. I love you and good luck."
Not only did I have an interview that day, but we were also celebrating my husband's 43rd birthday and let me tell you he was very pleased with his present of becoming a grandfather. My husband is Irish so he's very superstitious; however, I have to say it was the best Friday the 13th we've ever had!
Other than that, and very unusual for East Tennessee, a month ago we were dealing with winter storm after winter storm. We had 5 winter storms to hit within a 10 day period and it pretty much just about walloped our area and those surrounding us. The first storm started with ice and then we kept getting ice and snow on top of that. For those of you in the North this may not sound too bad, but here in the South we don't usually see weather like that. Our temperatures were below freezing for about two weeks and the power companies had a terrible time getting power restored to the outage areas. I am a lover of snow, but I have no love for ice and needless to say, I'm ready for Spring and the warmth and regrowth it will bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
Thomcat , I thought you would get a good laugh out of this so this one is for you ! His Weenie Turned Orange! A guy goes to a doctor and sa...
No comments:
Post a Comment