Tuesday, April 15, 2014
from sunshine to snow flurries
What a difference a couple of days can make. Sunday we had a high of 82 and today we didn't even reach 41. I have to cover my tender lilies tonight with a sheet or blanket lest I want the frost to get them. It's kind of funny that I have been able to have real plants that have not only bloomed but flourished the last two summers. Up until two years ago I was basically the grim reaper of plants. No matter how much I loved and nurtured them they shriveled up, turned black, and bit the dust on me. Two years ago my sister gave me some lilies to have a go at and they, unbelievably, survived me. I also received a fuschia plant last year for mother's day which kept blooming until the seasons end. Now that I can grow plants I would love to give a small herb garden a try. I also want to learn how to can vegetables but I will be purchasing the veggies from my local farmer's market since I did not have the time to put my own garden out this year. Oh well, anyway.....I hope you all have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long time blah blah...
It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...
-
I am so glad to see Friday finally here . For some reason this week has just been a sleepy week for me and I am ready to move on . Yesterday...
-
Good Thursday morning ! I didn't take a pic for hnt because I was so busy yesterday and this morning . During my break I thought I would...
-
I have been thinking back on the past for several days now and just remembering the good times of being a kid . I went through all of my old...
No comments:
Post a Comment