Saturday, October 03, 2009

a small update

Obviously I haven't been around for a while and it isn't because I forgot about any of you. I have been without internet for the past month and a half. We had our internet through our local cable company until we received a bill for an ungodly amount for Pay-Per-View and OnDemand movies that we didn't purchase. The cable company does not want to remove those discrepancies from our bill so we took our business elsewhere. I wished we could have purchased our internet through AT&T because I use to have their FastAccess DSL when we lived in the rental house before building our current home and I loved their DSL but the port in this area is full so I had to view other options. We use Verizon Wireless as our cell phone provider and it just so happens that they have a new wireless device called MiFi that you can not only use at home with up to 5 computers but you can also take it with you and receive WiFi anywhere you go so long as you get a signal on your cell. Since both of my daughters have IPOD Touches and Laptops this is a great device for us however, the only down fall is that it is a bit more expensive than a cable modem or dsl, at this point the price is worth it to me.

Anyway, my son had a birthday since I last posted so HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY Ty! The last time I posted was on Bethany's 14th birthday and I am still in shock that it has been so long. I have to get with the program again because I miss everyone here in the blog community. Chesney, our oldest daughter, has been trying to decide between two different colleges for next year. I can't believe my baby girl is almost 18 and will be graduating high school on May 17, 2010....where did time go? I am so very proud of her and her accomplishments.

As for me, aside from working and football I have been trying to get the house the way I want it, you would think after two and a half years I would have it the way I wanted but not so. I sold all of my office furniture and we are going to build the next set because we are going to have an office/library instead of an office with a big bookshelf in it. I can't seem to find a style that I like that has everything I need so we are going to create it, what is better than customizing to fit your needs? Mr. B is getting really busy with work so I may have my very first big solo project ahead of me, either way I mean to get it all done soon.

Well I need to get off of here. It is a beautiful day outside and I am wasting it while I tap around on the keyboard. You all have a wonderful day and I will be around later today or tomorrow to catch up.

Take care!

6 comments:

lime said...

how completely aggravating! Well belated happy brithday to ty. glad all is well.

Anonymous said...

I've had a similar experience with bills myself! UGH.....

I haven't been on the blog in a while as well. Just don't seem to find the time. I am more on FB. I guess you/we all go from one thing to another.

I am happy to be back on line as well. Well, for a little that I am on the blog.

Hope you are having a good day and I can't WAIT to see the finished product.

xoxo

James Goodman said...

Welcome back! You were missed. :D

That sucks about the cable bill and they can be so unreasonable...

Happy Belated birthday to Ty.

And I hope all is well with you and yours.

Logophile said...

Hope your son's birthday was wonderful!

Hope you have fun designing and working on your office furniture, that sounds like a fun, and rewarding project.
Hard to believe how fast all our kids are growing up, so unreal.

Glad to get an update on you, glad you are wired again!

S said...

I like your Halloween blog design!

Seems unbelievable how much time we all invested in blogging back then but it was a lot of fun.
It also amazing how much more you can accomplish when you are not blogging so don't even feel bad about that.

:)

Mad Housewife said...

Love the new fall colors, although the orange lettering is hard to see on my poor old eyes, lol!

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...