Monday, March 02, 2009

it's March...almost Spring

I am waiting for warmer days because if winter doesn't pass on through I think I might freeze to death before it is over. I have been colder this year than any before so I am very ready to walk outside without the jacket/coat, jeans, long sleeves..etc. I know it will take more than a month for those warmer temps to get here and stay but at least we are closer than we were.

In news this weekend we all heard that Radio Legend Paul Harvey passed away, my prayers go out to his family and friends and to radio as well.

I am going back to work this week or next, with the economy the way it is and the fact that my husbands hardwood flooring business isn't that busy right now there couldn't be a better time for me to go back to work. This job kind of found me and I am looking forward to starting and getting in that routine. I will be working the perfect hours 5AM-1PM, yes I will have to get up at 3:30AM but I am a morning person so I am not worried about that. I won't have that much time to blog and that will probably go unnoticed since I don't get that much time currently. The good thing is that the flooring business is starting to pick up but the economy scares me so off to work I go and I am looking forward to it.

It seems that everyone around us got lots of snow this weekend and usually I would be wanting the white stuff as well however I am over it and thankful we didn't get any. Jackson, Tennessee which is about 4 1/2 to 5 hours West of us, had 12.5 inches dumped on them as well as many others East of us and the storm is still moving up the coast if I heard the forecaster right. Last night our church had a gentleman out of North Carolina scheduled to sing but he got stuck in Asheville, NC because of snow. We also have our yearly "Thaw Out" revival scheduled for tonight and tomorrow night, the preacher for that lives in NC also and we are hoping he can make it across the mountain in Asheville to get here for the revival.

Speaking of church, we have already ordered our VBS curriculum which means that VBS isn't that far around the corner...actually it will be here before we know it if time continues to fly as it has been.

This May I will have two graduations to attend, my son Ty will be graduating from the 5th grade and my daughter Bethany will be graduating from 8th grade, I can't believe that this is the last year I will have a child in elementary school. Chesney will be a senior next year and I have no clue how I am going to handle all that. Don't get me wrong I am very proud of my daughter but it feels like our time with her has been short, time has seriously flown by and now she is a young lady making plans to further her education and setting goals for her life. It seems just yesterday she was a tiny baby girl coming into my world.

Well, the floors aren't going to clean themselves so I need to sign off and go take care of my house work. Y'all have a beautiful safe day and God Bless You!

1 comment:

g-man said...

3:30??
That about when I go to sleep!!!
Good Luck Heather....G

Long time blah blah...

It has certainly been a while since I've been here. Sometimes I think about deleting this blog and being done but I also think I am goin...